PSMTI graduates have the following main competencies:
1. Analytical skills
2. Synthesis, integration and design skills
3. Managerial skills
4. Problem solving skills
In addition, alumni are also equipped with supporting competencies that are soft skills which are very much needed to be able to implement the main competency groups.
Supporting competencies include:
1. Intrapersonal and communication skills.
2. Skills in utilizing information technology.
3. Mastery of English and/or other foreign languages
4. The ability to express ideas or ideas in a structured written form.